Tooling Development Engineer
- Working days & afternoon shifts rotating weekly
- Salary £27,000 - £37,000 Depending on experience
We are currently looking to recruit a Tooling Development Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring all new projects and existing tooling and moulding machines run efficiently and safely. You will be responsible for providing ongoing technical training and advice for tooling related concerns.
Duties and responsibilities as a Tooling Development Engineer:
Assisting and guiding Setters to ensure that the moulds and tools are running efficiently and safely
Mentoring and sharing knowledge and experience with other members of the team to guide them in all aspects of process improvement and ensuring technical skill development is enhanced amongst the Setters
Tooling, Materials and Product trials and working with R & D and production to obtain the best methods of improvement/introduction of new products to production
Providing recommendations across all 3 cells and R & D on moulding machine specifications and tooling design and modifications to existing tools
Reviewing and analysing customer complaints and making recommendations as to corrections, failures, modifications to improve Quality
- Writing and implementing SOPs and SWPs for colour changes, job changes, new equipment to ensure machines are operating safely and that Operators have standard procedures to follow
- C&G level 3 or equivalent in Toolmaking, Mechanical Engineering or similar ideally to include turning, milling or grinding
- A minimum of 5 years hands on toolroom experience working with turning, milling or grinding tools ideally within an injection moulding environment
- Extensive experience in injection moulding, development and production troubleshooting
- Ability to train others across all levels
- Analysing Tooling, Development and Process Data
- Problem Solving and Fault Finding on tooling and Machinery
- Analysis of Test Results in a practical and statistical manner
All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
How to Apply:
Contact Jamie Hancher at Micron Recruitment Group Ltd on 01527 759120, or simply click apply.