Purpose and Summary of position:
Responsible for loading and unloading of quality product as per customer requirements in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
Summary (Key activities):
- Responsible for ensuring daily checks are carried out on MHE equipment in accordance with site training and operating procedures.
- Ensure all loading is undertaken safely, efficiently and to best practice standards including ensuring accuracy against picking paperwork
- Prepare orders for loading using a batch based Inventory system
- Produce despatch dockets for outbound deliveries from ERP system
- Unload and receive goods from suppliers and process delivery notes
- Respond to various paperwork requests to retrieve, check, and make up orders for internal customers
- Load Coils and pipe lengths (up to 18m) and fittings onto outbound delivery vehicles
- Supply internal manufacturing with coil storage frames and move new stock into locations as and when required
- Ensure all roadways are clear and product is stored to maintain quality
- Responsible for undertaking daily housekeeping routines
- Responsible for marking product for final customer delivery with customer details and product differentiator
- Liaise with on site shunter for trailer selection
- Comply with company systems and procedures for health, safety and environmental control including auditing, near miss reporting and inspections
- Assist with control of stock
- Dependant on business needs, the role will include a reasonable amount of overtime which you will be called upon do.
- Excellent safety awareness is essential with willingness to receive training in legislation and auditing as required
- Sideloader & all terrain telehandler trained
- Experience of working within a stockyard environment
- A self motivated individual with the flexibility to adapt and a willingness to develop new skills
- Good numerical ability, with basic computer keyboard skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to co-operate and deal tactfully, assertively and diplomatically with a variety of people
- Problem solving skills, with a high attention detail and the ability to deal accurately with a lot of information
- Awareness of MRP / Stock Control principles
- Willingness and ability to cover other general duties and cover holidays within the stockyard.
- Experience gained in a manufacturing process, warehouse or production line environment
- Computer literacy in word, excel and outlook
- Experience of liaising with customers and suppliers
- Full Driving Licence.