Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- East Midlands
- Permanent Position
- Automation Company
I am currently working with an established Automation Company, who are looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their ever-growing design team.
The position is permanent based with standard working hours (Monday – Friday) in return for a brilliant salary of £40,000+ depending on experience. With that comes an excellent employment package that includes holiday plus pension.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, your duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Takes the lead for the mechanical design aspects of a project that includes techniques for low volume production; i.e. milling, turning, fabricated frameworks, sheet metal fabrication etc.
- Leads design discussions and design reviews and contributes constructively to design proposals for gold level projects.
- Demonstrates a good level of knowledge in the design of pneumatic systems and a basic understanding of Hydraulic systems.
- Has expertise in the design of small mechanisms, using motors, pneumatics, or other electrical actuators and defining test specifications.
- Experience in testing/verification of designs is also an advantage
- Demonstrates the ability to produce designs that meets cost targets, project schedules and requirement specifications as defined by the project.
- Has a proven track record of success for designing and implementing reliable product designs that meet tight cost targets and deadlines.
- Utilises a natural ability for mechanical fault finding and root cause analysis for design verification and debugging. Can demonstrate practical skills for building prototypes and light mechanical assembly work.
- To support the business in identifying functional assemblies and standard mechanisms to drive efficiencies across the mechanical design department
- Employs expertise in the design for high reliability, ease of manufacture, ease of assembly and serviceability
To be successful as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will need the following Experience/Qualifications:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst managing conflicting demand
- Experience with Solid Works or another 3D package
- At least 6 years of Design experience
- Experience of Special purpose machinery is essential
- Must be a personable and flexible person to meet the clients environment and needs
- Able to produce high quality engineering drawings
- Industry experience in special purpose / automation ideally with a hands-on approach
- Significant hands on exposure to the design of electro-mechanical systems
This position is easily commutable from areas such as Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Northampton, Chesterfield and Loughborough
Relevant Job Titles; Mechanical Design, Design Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Senior Design Engineer, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity, please contact Mark Watton at Micron Recruitment Limited on 01527 759120.
Alternatively, simply click “Apply” and your CV will be submitted for this position.