Days (Monday – Friday) 39 hours a week 8am – 5pm, early finish on Friday at 14:00
£30,000 - £32,000 (Dependant on experience)
We are currently working with an established manufacturing company based in the Derbyshire area. They are now looking to add a Quality Engineer to their team due to growth and wanting to develop their department.
This position is permanent, you will be working a day’s shift in return for a salary in the region of £30,000 - £32,000 depending on experience. You will receive an excellent employment package with genuine progression opportunities within a growing business.
To provide ‘hands-on’, proactive and driven focus in product and process improvement activities to raise overall standards in Quality. Apply effective monitoring and development of processes in-line with the ISO 9001 quality standard and any additional customer specific requirements. Ensure high levels of right-first time quality is continuously achieved, monitored via appropriate KPI’s and provide fast resolution to any defects or customer concerns raised. Adopt structured quality techniques including APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Pareto analysis, Kaizen (CI) and 8D problem solving.
As a Quality Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for focused improvement activities to raise standards in manufacturing products and processes. Strive for zero defects with right first time process adherence.
- Responsible for driving improved quality standards across all suppliers and customers.
- Responsible for driving best practice processes for World Class Manufacturing (WCM).
- Responsible for effective response to ‘escalations’ or any customer concerns raised.
- Responsible for all quality documentation, ISIR reports, process capability studies, process auditing and maintaining equipment calibrations.
- Ensure best practice quality techniques are adopted & continuously improved including APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Pareto analysis, Kaizen (CI) and 8D problem solving.
- Full compliance with ISO 9001 and customer specific quality standards.
- Ensure appropriate quality KPI monitors are maintained and consistently achieved.
- To support, instruct, coach and develop team members as required.
- Establish good working relationship with all key members of the business.
As a Quality Engineer your experience will include:
- An excellent practical understanding of Quality Management systems, tools and CI techniques.
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001 and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) standards.
- Proven track record for delivering improvements in process and product quality.
- Practical application of lean manufacturing methods would be beneficial.
- Computer literate with good Excel skills, with understanding of CAD drawings
- HNC or HND is desirable but not essential
This position is easily commutable from Sheffield, Mansfield, Workshop, Nottingham, Derby and Macclesfield
Relevant Job Titles; Quality Assurance, Quality Technician, Quality Inspector, Quality Engineer, Senior Quality Engineer, Quality Controller.
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Mark at Micron Recruitment Limited on 01527 759120.
Alternatively, simply click “Apply” and your CV will be submitted against this position.