- Permanent Position
- Special Purpose Machine manufacture
I am currently working with an established Special Purpose Machinery Company, who are looking to recruit a Mechanical Fitter to join their ever-growing team.
The position is permanent based with standard working hours (Monday – Friday) in return for a brilliant salary of £27,000 depending on experience. With that comes an excellent employment package that includes holiday allowance and a pension scheme.
As a Mechanical Fitter, your duties and responsibilities include the following:
- To assemble kit of parts using drawings and internal paperwork system (Epicor)
- To install pneumatic and hydraulic pipework
- To assist with testing of finished equipment and to complete test records
- To operate portable hand tools for drilling, grinding and sanding etc
- To lift components and assemblies using slings and pendant crane in a safe and protective manner
- To work within planned times for jobs, and to feedback deviations when necessary
- To supply feedback on machine and process improvements
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, assisting other sections when required
- To maintain a safe and tidy environment within their working area
- To support mechanical work within the maintenance team
- To work on customers’ sites as part of an installation & commissioning team
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures
To be successful as a Mechanical Fitter you will need the following Experience/Qualifications:
- Have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- Thorough methodical approach
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications
- Attention to quality
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas and on customers’ sites
- A high degree of self motivation
This position is easily commutable from areas such as Northampton, Bury St Edmunds, Kings Lynn, Grantham, Nottingham, Loughborough and Leicester
Relevant Job Titles; Mechanical Fitter, Mechanical Maintenance, Mechanical Technician or Mechanical Engineer
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity, please contact Mark Watton at Micron Recruitment Limited on 01527 759120.
Alternatively, simply click “Apply” and your CV will be submitted for this position.