Mechanical Design Engineer
- Permanent Position
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Automation Company
I am currently working with an established Automation Company, who are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their ever-growing design team.
The position is permanent based with standard working hours (Monday – Friday) in return for a brilliant salary of £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience. With that comes an excellent employment package that includes 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus pension.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, your duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Working within multidisciplinary engineering team of designers and engineers
- Liaise with customers and build relationships
- Maintaining a good rapport within the team
- Be responsible for the creation and development of design solutions for special purpose automated machinery projects
- Produce technical documentation for production, installation and service
- Provide quotation support through drawings, concepts and budgets
- Produce accurate BOMs
- Coach and mentor other engineers in the fulfilment of their role
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines to ensure that product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met
To be successful as a Mechanical Design Engineer you will need the following Experience/Qualifications:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst managing conflicting demand
- Experience with Solid Works or another 3D package
- At least 3 years of Design experience
- Experience of Special purpose machinery is essential
- Must be a personable and flexible person to meet the clients environment and needs
- Able to produce high quality engineering drawings
- Industry experience in special purpose / automation / production / packaging machinery design, ideally with a hands-on approach
This position is easily commutable from areas such as Oxford, Bletchley, High Wycombe, Dunstable, Waddesdon and Bicester
Relevant Job Titles; Mechanical Design, Design Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Senior Design Engineer, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
To find out more about this fantastic opportunity, please contact Mark Watton at Micron Recruitment Limited on 01527 759120.
Alternatively, simply click “Apply” and your CV will be submitted for this position.