Goods In Inspector
Days (Monday – Friday) 39 hours a week with some overtime required
£19,000 - £23,000 (Dependant on experience)
Sector: Building Products
We are currently working with an established Building Products company based in the Sheffield area. They are now looking to add a Goods in Quality inspector to their team due to growth and wanting to develop their department.
This position is permanent, you will be working a day’s shift in return for a salary in the region of £19,000 - £23,000 depending on experience. You will receive an excellent employment package with genuine progression opportunities within a growing business.
The main purpose of the role is to receive and inspect goods arriving at the factory in accordance with the ABP Quality Management System. On completion of the inspection all the relevant documentation has to be completed including booking the product into stock. The product is then either stored or despatched. Other tasks include supporting the goods in / despatch team at busy periods loading and unloading product onto various vehicles.
As a Inspector your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Receive product and ensure all the documentation & certificates are correct for that particular delivery.
- Carry out goods receipt inspection in line with the ABP quality management system checking aesthetically and dimensionally using appropriate method i.e. Gauges, micro-meters, Vickers hardness tester etc.
- On completion of the inspection complete all the relevant documentation, update the stock control system and put away the product.
- Carry out verification testing of components that have undergone a Sub Contract process to ensure supplier testing consistency.
- In the event of product not conforming fill out the 8D documents and inform the quality team / management team
- Manage the gauge calibration status of the comprehensive range utilised in the manufacturing process ensuring all certification are valid.
As a Inspector your experience will include:
- Possess good numeracy & literacy skills preferably with GCSE or equivalent Maths & English
- Confident telephone manner.
- Competent FLT Driver and Over Head crane operator
- Basic Excel and Word skills
- Good organisation and admin skill Experience
- Previous experience in a goods receipt quality control inspection processes.
- Experience working in goods receipt / stores environment.
- Experience of using computer based stock control system.
- How to use basic measuring equipment.
This position is easily commutable from Sheffield, Mansfield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Chesterfield Nottingham, Derby and Macclesfield
Relevant Job Titles; Quality Technician, Quality Inspector, Goods in Inspector.
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Mark at Micron Recruitment Limited on 01527 759120.
Alternatively, simply click “Apply” and your CV will be submitted against this position.